- set in the past (mostly in Europe and North America between 1066 and 1900, bur recently in ancient Rome and Greece)
- period details are only there to form an atmosphere and do not overshadow the plot.
- typically set in England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and the United States
- the heroine is more independent than the traditional woman of her time
- the hero is more unlighted than the traditional man of his time
- gory details are not showed such as medieval torture or warfare but can be hinted at
- Regency romances are light novels picturing the British upper class during the Regency Period, 1811-1820
- 80,000 to 120,000 words
Outlander by Diana Gabandon.
Catherine and the Pirate (2002) by Karen Hawkins.
Samantha and the Cowboy (2002) by Lorraine Heath.
The Season (2009) by Sarah MacLean
The Ladu and the Unicorn by Isolde Martyn
THE CYNSTERS series by Stephanie Laurens. (Regency period, YA)
"The Other Boleyn Girl"
"Young adult fiction." All About Romance. Mars 2013. <http://www.likesbooks.com/yalist.html>